4001 South Lamar OPENS!
We couldn't wait ONE MORE DAY to open and share this store with you and we have a feeling you couldn't wait either.... so we've got some EXCITING NEWS we'd like to share!
Come celebrate the opening of our second store at 4001 South Lamar FRIDAY, September 20th, at 7:15AM!
Join us as we mark the opening of our second store with a special ribbon "cutting" ceremony that we need your help to "pull off"! After the ceremony, we'll open at 7:30AM and help wake everybody up with FREE organic fair-trade drip coffee 'til noon! Come early stay late, you'll be glad you did!
We couldn't be more excited to throw open our doors and bring the friendliest store in Austin to all our friends in South Austin! With this expansion, we will be able to Create More Local/ Organic/ Sustainable Food, More Co-op Economy and More Happy People! That's the reason we're in business - and we couldn't be happier seeing our BIG Direction vision become a reality!
Of course, part of not being able to wait to open means that we still have a few areas that need a little work, but we're hoping you don't mind. Our front entrance and canopy will be going in before our Grand Opening Party on October 19th and we'll be adding more and more delicious deli foods and our bakehouse offerings over the next week or so. (Don't worry, you can get Popcorn Tofu on Friday! We wouldn't open without that!)
I am so excited to finally be able to tell you WE ARE OPENING and invite you in to help us celebrate this historic occasion 30+ years in the making!
Now that you're the first to know, feel free to tell your friends and bring them down, too!!! See you soon!
Wheatsville’s second store will feature many new and welcome additions including:
• 25,000 square feet of space total / 14,500 sq. ft. retail
• Over 35 state-of-the-art, zero energy, Solatube lights which direct natural sunlight into the store using highly reflective fiber optics
• Large skylights that allow natural light into the store
• Energy efficient LED lighting which will auto-adjust according to light needs throughout the day
• 2500 sq. ft. Artisan Bakehouse that will begin baking bread for both stores within a month of opening
• A Community Room, hosting informative classes, demos and tastings
• Comfortable indoor and outdoor café seating
• In-store composting and recycling bins for customers
• Bike Parking, Bike Repair Stand (with tools) and showers for bike commuting staff
• Locally made Kosmic Kombucha and Maine Root soda on tap
• Made to order burritos, sandwiches, coffee and smoothies
• Humanely and sustainably raised meat and seafood
• Cruelty-free Wellness products
• Humanely Raised Meat including Farmer’s Market favorites like Richardson’s Farms and Windy Hill
• Sustainable Raised and Harvested Seafood
Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday, October 19th from 12pm-4pm which will include music by The Hot Texas Swing Band, kids activities and lots of local food demos and samples.