When you become a member of Wheatsville, you actually become a part owner of the co-op. We are owned and operated by people just like you – members of the community willing to work together to provide for themselves.
The motivating purpose of co-ops is to serve the needs of the owners rather than to generate a profit. When the co-op does make a profit, it is cycled back into Wheatsville to increase our services for the owners, or if sufficient profit is made, it is given back to the owners in the form of a Patronage Rebate.
Upon joining, owners pay a non-refundable joining fee of $15 and a $55 investment which can be paid in full or on a payment plan. All investments are refundable upon submitting an Ownership Resignation.
Co-op ownership is voluntary and all shoppers are welcome at Wheatsville. However, there are some special benefits that we offer to co-op owners.
- Co-op Owner Deals: extra savings for co-op owners
- Owner Appreciation Days: 10% off one transaction (January, April, July, October)
- Patronage Rebates: a share of the co-ops profits during sufficiently profitable years
- University Federal Credit Union Eligibility: join the credit union
Vote in the Wheatsville Election for
- the Board of Directors,
- Community Action Recipients, and
- bylaws revisions and owner petitions
You can even to run for a seat on the Board of Directors!
Next time you visit Wheatsville, stop by the Hospitality Desk and let us know you would like to become a co-op owner!