Chocolove Chocolate Chips: Melt, Dip, Bliss
Chocolove's Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Chocolate Bar is consistently the best selling chocolate bar at Wheatsville. Week after week, shoppers are drawn to the delicious combination of smooth and creamy chocolate with mixed in toasted almonds and salt crystals that seem perfectly placed to bring the flavor together. Well the chocolate masterminds at Chocolove have outdone themselves by treating their faithful audience to Chocolove Dark Chocolate Chips!
Urging you to "Share it with someone you love" these 52% cocoa content chocolate chips have the same silky texture as the chocolate bars. Since i too am a mastermind when it comes to chocolate (who do you think merchandises the chocolate bars next to the cash registers?) I realized upon my first taste of the new chocolate chips that they would probably be EXCELLENT for chocolate dipping. I only had a theory so i enlisted Christie Gonzales, Packaged Receiver at Wheatsville's South Lamar location and former professional chocolatier in North Carolina, to test the theory on cookies and fresh strawberries.
Christie's expert yet easy tips on how to make chocolate dipped delights:
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave on low (1 minute, stir, 30 seconds, stir)
- If dipping fresh strawberries, they will need time to fully dry after washing. If time is short, use a wet towel to gently wipe the strawberries being careful not to tear the skin.
- Cookies, marshmallows, and dried fruit are all great foods to dip in chocolate, be creative
- After dipping place on parchment paper then dry for at least an hour for to keep the chocolate from melting in your hands as soon as you touch them.
- When everything is dry, remove from the parchment paper; they should pull off easily when dry.
- For presentation, place the treats in muffin cups!
- Strawberries are best eaten the day you make them. Dry snacks like cookies can stay good for a month as long as you cover them fully in chocolate and keep them in a cool dry place (refrigerators are too damp)
Dipping suggestions: Dandies Vegan Marshmallows, Back to Nature Peanut Butter Creme Cookies, Pretzel Crisps Classic Pretzels, Hail Merry Coconut Macaroons, fresh bananas, Kettle Potato Chips, crystallized ginger
Tell us your ideas in the comment section and let us know what you made!