The nomination period for the 2019 ballot is now closed. The selected organizations are on the ballot if the election currently in process.
However, nominations for 2020 are now being accepted. The deadline for 2020 nominations is July 1, 2019
In order to be considered for a place on the ballot please use the form below to tell us about your organization, the services you provide, how your group helps support the Austin community and how you think your mission aligns with Wheatsville Food Co-op. Our past recipients have included Central Texas Food Bank, SafePlace, Austin Pets Alive!, Hospice Austin, Meals on Wheels Central Texas, Sustainable Food Center and Urban Roots. Once we receive your email detailing your organization you will be considered for a spot on the September ballot.
If you are not an official representative of the group you wish to nominate, please contact the organization and send them this link https://wheatsville.coop/community/community-action/nominate-a-community-action-group to apply.
The ten non-profits that Wheatsville supported in the previous year will automatically be entered onto the ballot. The remaining nominees are chosen at the discretion of the General Manager and/or current Board Members.
We give favor to groups and organizations that are Austin-based and support the Austin Community. Broad areas of support include, local, organic and sustainable food efforts, the environment and programs that support the health and well-being of the people in our community.
- Have proof of 501(c)(3) non-profit status
- Be non-sectarian
- Be non-partisan
- Be local and provide services locally.
- Submit nomination for 2020 by July 1, 2019.
Once the non-profits have been selected through the election process each group will be contacted so that we can best assess timing, support needed and possible volunteer opportunities. Our support will include:
- Collecting cash donations at the registers for a period of one month
- Donating $1,000 within the donation month
- Collecting donations of needed items that we may sell here at Wheatsville Food Co-op such as pantry items or pet food
- Awareness/outreach: we will have signs, announcements, tabling opportunities, social media mentions, articles in our newsletter and weekly emails about your non-profit
- Receive volunteer support from our staff if needed